Steering Committee Applications Now Open
We are seeking volunteers to form the inaugural Steering Committee of the Community Collaborative Network!
Applications to be a member of the Steering Committee are open until December 4, 2020. A link to the online application form can be found in the “Apply to be a Member” section on this page.
The final committee, composed of 10-15 members, will be elected by the network’s Leadership Team by December 20, 2020, and will host their first meeting in February or March of 2021. The network’s Leadership Team has supported the growth of this initiative thus far and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive Steering Committee that represents West Virginia.
Who should apply to the Steering Committee?
- Committed community volunteers
- Community and economic development professionals (both retired and currently practicing)
- Municipal leaders and decision-makers
- Community-focused funders and philanthropists
Steering Committee Member Commitments
- Committing to a one-year term limit to start, with an option to continue after the first year-end
- Meeting regularly, every 2 months for 2-3 hours (virtually until further notice)
- Being publicly identified as a Steering Committee member
- Abiding by collective ground rules and values
- Being an active member of the committee, including being responsive to communications and volunteering to take part in additional leadership roles as needed
- Building an inclusive community development system that is reflective of the diverse people who make up this field
Please note that Steering Committeee Members serve on a volunteer basis.
Steering Committee First Year Goals
- Build relationships and trust with each other and the network at large
- Gather input from network members and use their guidance in crafting this work
- Define our work moving forward, reflecting our values and purpose
- Clarify shared language for vision, values, and purpose
- Facilitate dialogue and collaboration within the Network
- Recruit new members
- Define working group structure and formation, as well as network membership
- Understand, advocate for, and promote the network
- Be responsive to time-sensitive items and system changes
Apply to Be a Member of the Steering Committee
Applications to be a member of the Steering Committee are open until December 4, 2020.
We are accepting applications using an online form:
Contact Kaycie Stushek with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-347-3511.